The History Victoria Support Group (HVSG) is a committee of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria (RHSV). The HVSG aims to;
- further the understanding of history, especially community history, across Victoria,
- support and promote the role and activities of the RHSV affiliated societies, and
- maintain strong contacts between local societies, RHSV and the wider community.
The HVSG provides practical information to help members of historical societies manage and promote their collections and activities, and encourages active networking between members of historical societies throughout the state. The HVSG also provides advice on the establishment and running of historical societies, and issues such as incorporation, insurance, privacy and copyright.
The HVSG holds seminar days four times a year. A variety of workshops are also offered, including:
- increasing membership of societies,
- preparing grant applications,
- publicising your society – newsletters, brochures, booklets, calendars,
- collection management,
- computer cataloguing,
- storage of collection materials,
- display techniques,
- insurance and incorporation,
- local history research on the Internet, and
- website design and maintenance.
If you have any queries relating to the HVSG, please contact us.