- Tips for good record keeping and financial reporting to members (PDF, 85.8 KB). These tips cover some of the main issues that should be addressed by the governing body of any entity.
- Information Technology and Local History (Blog). A blog recording how IT is used (or can be used) in specific local history projects.
- Cataloguing Guidelines for Historical Societies (Blog). A blog recording providing information for cataloguing projects.
- Arts Victoria’s Disaster Response Protocol (PDF, 244 KB). Provision for immediate funding to the value of up to $5,000 for community collections in the case of fire, flood, earthquake or storm.
- RHSV Local History Thesaurus, downloadable copy of the RHSV Thesaurus
Information Technology and Historical Societies
Information and Historical Societies Survey Report 2010
A survey report on how RHSV affiliated societies use information technology, particularly for collection management and communication.