Formed in 1909, we are the centre of Victoria’s history movement, with over 1,000 individual members, and we are also the peak body for over 300 local history societies.
Who can become a member?
Membership of the Royal Histoical Society of Victoria is open to all. Anyone with an interest in history inlcuding libraries, schools, universities, corporations and local muinicialities is welcome to join.
Members of the RHSV enjoy:
- Free use of the Society’s comprehensive Library and valuable collections – rare books, manuscripts, maps, photographs, newspapers, directories, indexes, registers and other items.
- Advice with personal research from our Library and research staff.
- One year’s subscription to History News.
- One year’s subscription to the Victorian Historical Journal.
- Free admission to monthly talks of historical interest.
- Free admission to RHSV exhibitions.
- Substantial discount to RHSV events such as conferences and workshops.
- Substantial discount on excursions to places of historical interest with well informed guides.
- Professional links with over 300 historical and specialist societies in Victoria.
How do I join?