We were delighted to see, in the Australia Day Honours, that six of our own had been awarded Orders of Australia. Our congratulations and best wishes to
- Our President, Emeritus Professor Richard Broome AM for significant service to education in the field of history, and to historical groups.
- Our Hon Secretary, Carole Woods OAM for service to community history.
- Our Victorian Historical Journal co-editor, Dr Judy Smart AM for significant service to education, to social research, to women.
- A member of our Foundation committee, Emeritus Professor John Fitzgerald AM for significant service to higher education, particularly in the field of Chinese studies.
- Our next exhibition’s curator, Noel Jackling OAM for service to community history.
- And RHSV member, Peter Williams OAM for service to maritime history.
And further afield, congratulations are also due to Dr Clare Wright OAM for service to literature, and to historical research.