The Anglesea & District Historical Society is a non-profit organisation staffed by volunteer members of the community, whose aim is to research and preserve history of the local area.
Opening Hours – History House is at 5a McMillan St, Anglesea (Entrance 4 of Community Precinct), and is open between 2:00 – 4:00pm on the second Sunday of each month and on every Sunday of the School Holidays, or by appointment, Phone 0448 526 311.
Postal address: P.O. Box 98, Anglesea, Victoria, Australia. 3230.
The Nepean Historical Society Inc. was formed in 1965 and established its Museum in the Mechanics’ Institute, Sorrento. The building (classified by the National Trust) was built of local limestone in 1876/77. A multi-purpose Heritage Gallery, including multimedia and lecture facilities, was added in 1994.
Museum and various guided tours are available.
The Society is incorporated as a non-profit organisation and is operated entirely by volunteers, many with professional expertise. There are no paid staff. Members are encouraged to take an interest in the various activities and tasks required in an active organisation. Membership is currently around 300.
History and environment of first British settlement in Victoria 1803.
The Colac and District Historical Society was established in 1950, making Colac one of the first regional townships in the state to have such an organisation. A primary aim from the inauguration of the Society was to obtain a home where the various components of the district history could be preserved, and be made available to the public.
We are a community organization who help the public in researching their family history in the Colac District.
Rye Historical Society aims to preserve the history of the area bounded by Canterbury-Jetty Rd and Truemans Rd. The Room is open every Sunday 1pm -3 pm.
The Little River Historical Society Inc was formed in 2003 with the objective of collecting, preserving and promoting the history and heritage of the Little River area. The Society is presently establishing a collection of historical documents and images, which will in future be available to the community for viewing and research. Regular events, displays , and open days are planned.
Apollo Bay and District Historical Society operates the Old Cable Station Museum at 6250 Great Ocean Road, Apollo Bay, photograph collection and family history collection.
Opening hours: Saturday, Sunday, public and school holidays, 2-5 pm. Or by appointment.
Meetings of the Apollo Bay & District Historical Society are held at the Museum 3rd Monday of the month 10am.
Profile photo is of the Apollo Bay Museum, located in the old Telegraph Cable Station, Apollo Bay.
Cressy & District History Group Inc promotes the history of Cressy and district, documenting, preserving, displaying information and research.
Rosebud and District Historical Society collects the history of people and buildings in the Rosebud area.
Extensive photographic display, computer use, 5000 items datalogued, memorabilia display, outings, local displays.
The Society aims to preserve and record the official history of the district enriched with the stories of the local pioneers and families’ stories.
Collection of memorabilia and research documents. Folk museum with collection of old newspapers, post office and telegraph memorabilia.
Collection: Comprises of local historical records, photographs and memorabilia from Balnarring and surrounding district
Services/Activities: Research; copying; meetings; publications; cataloguing; public displays
Open: By appointment
Postal Address: PO Box 183, Balnarring VIC 3926