The society is interested in local history which is on display in Langi Morgala Museum which includes mining, railways, church, council business, home life, sport, armed services, transport and agriculture.
The Society aims to collect, restore and maintain the memorabilia and records of the old gold mining town of Landsborough, founded in 1862 and named in honour of William Landsborough the explorer, the township still contains many reminders of its busy past. These include the 1862 lock-up, the 1901 Mounted Police stables, and a 130 year old school, all of which are cared for by the Historical Group.
The Beaufort Historical Society is situated in the former Beaufort Court House, in Livingstone St, next door to the Uniting Church. The society has an extensive collection of family histories, photographs, newspapers, school and cemeteries records, etc.
Suburbs or towns: Beaufort; Chute; Raglan; Trawalla; Shirley; Waterloo; Stockyard Hill; Lake Goldsmith; Nerring; Eurambeen
Postal Address: PO Box 30, Beaufort VIC 3373
Our history centre contains memorabilia pertaining to Glenthompson and district, including photographs, newspaper items and cemetery records, etc. Open at the former Glenthompson Railway Station every 3rd Sunday from 12pm-2pm and at other times by calling: Sylvia Wilson on (03) 5577 4352 or Tracey Potatau-Wright on (03) 5577 4215
Founding Date: 4th February 1992
General Information: We will showcase people and places from Glenthompson since the town was established in the mid 1800’s. People are welcome to contribute photos and stories to our page by submitting them to the Secretary via our email address.
Products: We can provide family history searches for a fee.
As at Jan 1 2019 the fees are as follows for all new requests:
search fee: $15 per hr
copy fees for records or information: 20c per A4 pa (20+ pgs 15c per copy).
Please note: We only have a couple of researchers at this time so there may be a delay in attending to your individual request. Thank you
The society was established in 1984 and is dedicated to preserving, collecting and researching the history of Avoca and the surrounding district.
The headquarters of the Society is an historic building at 85 High Street, Avoca, which was the Avoca Court House from 1859 to 1979. It now contains a local history & family history resource centre containing thousands of documents, photographs, maps, microfilm of local newspapers & rate books, artifacts, etc., pertaining to the localities in the Avoca district.
Postal Address PO Box 24 Avoca VIC 3467
Social history museum of Dunkeld & District, from Major Mitchell to present day. Includes aboriginal artefacts, history of the wool industry, and a large photographic colleciton of the district.
The historical society is dedicated to keep an accurate record of the district since settlement.
The Society holdings include over 3,000 photographs, cemetery, school, church and Shire of Grenville records, Grenville Standard newspapers. The Society forms the Committee of Management for the 1874 Linton Library/Mechanics Institute.
Please note: private research of our archives is not possible
The Museum is housed in the former Warehouse (c.1860) of contractors Nichol and Wallace.
The redeveloped Nichol and Wallace building, now known as The Warehouse, to reflect it’s 19th century history, reopened in 2014 as a Hub housing the Museum, the Library, the Visitor information Centre, the Hepburn Shire Service Centre as well as event and meeting spaces.
Worsley Cottage Museum, an 1894 stone cottage, is the home of the society. The collection includes domestic items and artefacts from the era, outdoor displays and a cottage garden. There is also an 1840 slab and daub pioneer hut with wooden shingle roof. Research facilities are also available.
Postal Address – PO Box 265 Maryborough 3465
Hours: Tues/Thurs 10am-12noon & Sun 2pm -4pm