Balwyn VIC, Australia
Sam Haddad JP OAM
Funding was obtained from the Victorian Multicultural Commission in 2005 to establish The Australian Lebanese Historical Society of Victoria. ALHSV was incorporated on July 7 2005 and formally launched at the Royal Historical Society of Victoria, Melbourne, on 4 October 2006.
We welcome as members all who have an interest in the ALHSV goals and activities.
The ALHSV is run by a Council with elections held bi-annually.
We aim to…
- Foster research, writing and exhibitions on Lebanese heritage, culture and history in Victoria.
- Identify and record materials related to Lebanese migration and settlement in Victoria.
- Promote the study and publication of the contributions of the Lebanese Community to Australian society.
- Liaise with mainstream collecting and displaying bodies such as museums, libraries, archival resource centres and cultural organisations.
- Build understanding of their cultural heritage among the Australian-Lebanese Community of Victoria.
- Sponsor and develop applications for projects in support of the above.