The Berwick – Pakenham Historical Society seeks to promote awareness of the history of our district’s history through the acquisition, preservation and display of historical items; recording of older residents’ knowledge; and undertaking research, publications and displays. We are a member of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria.
Postal Address – PO Box 442, Pakenham VIC 3810
“Mallow House”, built 1916, is the home of Koo Wee Rup Swamp Historical Society, incorporating a museum, etc. Collects and preserves the history of Koo Wee Rup and the Koo Wee Rup Swamp.
Family History Group in Narre Warren with many family history resources. The group is also interested in local history and has local records and family histories. Visitors always welcome.
Collects and preserves the heritage of the old Shire of Cranbourne, and manages the Fisherman’s Cottage Museum complex at Tooradin, on behalf of the City of Casey.
A small group of interested persons in late 2011 decided to establish a group that would collate and preserve the local history of our area.
The Bunyip Historical Society’s home is at the Bunyip Hall and located in what is colloquially known as the “RSL room”. We do not open to the public as yet, but is in our future plans.
Postal Address – PO Box 126, Bunyip, VIC 3815
The society records and documents local history, and to advise our community. To preserve and materials, documents, photographs, tiven to the society for research and publications.
Our mission is to collect, document, research, preserve and make available to the wider community for their enjoyment and education items that show the development of Dandenong and District from early settlement to present day.
Formed to preserve, conserve and promote history, particularly the history of Knox and the former shires of Berwick and Ferntree Gully. The society’s MAP accredited museum and resource centre is based at Ambleside Park homestead and with the property next door set up as a resource centre is accumulating a collection of historical data, memorabilia, photographs and pioneer information relating to the area.
Open to the public 1-4 pm on Sundays or by arrangement. Local research conducted by application and fee.
Interested in research and collection of local historical photographs, recollections, etc. With new premises, aiming for increased school and community participation.
Frankston Historical Society Inc is a non profit organisation, formed in 1961. Established to preserve the history of the local area, our base is Ballam Park Homestead, Cranbourne Rd, Frankston. Open each Sunday 1-4, except the 5th Sunday when 5 in a month, or by appointment. Phone 9789 5529
The Bomber Command Commemorative Association (Victoria) exists to ensure, in perpetuity, the continuance of the memory of those Australians, and particularly the Victorians, who served in RAF Bomber Command during the Second World War.
The museum is located at Factory 1 / 55 Barry Street, Bayswater. It is open for individual, group or club visits by appointment. Vehicles, memorabilia and retired ambulance personnel are also available for public and corporate events and displays.
Set in rolling orchard countryside, Mont De Lancye was built in 1882 as the home of the Sebire family. Mont De Lancey’s many attractions include Chapel/Gardens suitable for weddings; Museum; Monty’s Tearoom & much more.
Monty’s Tearoom: 0403 415 194