Situated in the Old Court House built in 1890, the Boort Museum – Historical Society specialises in family histories with many photographs, and the preservation of historical documents and artifacts.
Wedderburn is is located 225 km north west of Bendigo and within the Loddon Shire. We have over 33,000 digitised records in our database covering Wedderburn and surrounding towns within the shire. Our digital records include over 100 audio tapes of past presentations given by locals talking about their early years in the district. Selected records and documents can be copied to a USB memory stick for visitors to take away with them. Further digitizing will continue throughout 2020.
The Society operates a Museum which is open on Sundays from 2pm to 4pm, and Tuesdays 10 am to 4 pm. Collection and display of historical items of interest and documents, photos, family history.
Established in 1973, we collect, preserve and share information, photos and items relevant to Charlton & the surrounding district.
Located in the former Mechanics Institute building (1882), the Charlton Golden Grains Museum showcases a diverse collection of over 3000 artefacts and photographs from Charlton’s early pioneer days through to today.
Situated in the recently renovated Old Court House, the Society aims to collect and preserve historical artefacts, documents, photos, family histories, buildings, anecdotes and all items of historical interest to the town and district as well as to give access to all interested people. The Society has a collection of around 1200-1500 photos depicting the town and district.
Suburbs or towns: Wycheproof
HAVE YOU ANY OLD PHOTOS
The Historical Society is always looking for photos of Wycheproof & District at any point in time, Local Events, Farming Practices, Sporting & Local Identities, and Railways.
Research centre for local families, minute books for clubs and associations, local newspapers. Preservation and recovery of local history of families, communities, organizations, schoole etc. within the boundaries of the old Shire of East Loddon.
Collects and records local history of Inglewood district. Have several local history publications for sale. Research early district pioneers for a fee. Hold court re-enactments for tourists and locals by arrangement.
The Cohuna and District Historical Society was formed in April 1970, our Society has grown to become a treasured resource for the local community and historians alike. All run by dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers, there are three main parts to our Society:
- Archives Centre (the brick building)
- Museum (the old Scots Church)
- Trash and Treasure (the old Scots Hall)
The object of our Society is to foster historical interest and knowledge, particularly but not exclusively of the Nullawil District, and to compile and record Nullawil’s history. Also to restore and display machinery and photos of the area, and to keep records of schools and townships in the area.
Meetings held 2nd Monday of each month (except July, Aug and Jan.) Number of district heritage tours conducted. Involved in heritage projects such as signage, booklets and brochures.
Birchip Historical Museum – a museum in a former courthouse, with small farming artefacts, domestic and household utensils, sport, music and leisure items, war memorials, family research, newspaper and photo archives.
Aims to conserve, promote and share the heritage of Lockington and district from pre-white settlement to present day.
Eaglehawk Heritage Society Inc was formed to preserve the history and heritage of the area. It provides a museum and research facilities within an historic Eaglehawk building.
Mainly a pictorial and documentary collection, some artefacts (machinery, small utensils). Second site, former Court House, 621 Midland Highway, original furniture, soldiers photos, MUIOOF Certificate and honor rolls.
The Society holds a culturally and historically significant collection of books, documents, photographs, artworks, textiles and objects. Many of the photographs and documents are irreplaceable.