The society records and documents local history, and to advise our community. To preserve and materials, documents, photographs, tiven to the society for research and publications.
Local history society dedicated to preserving and promoting interest in the history of Morwell and district.
Family History Group in Narre Warren with many family history resources. The group is also interested in local history and has local records and family histories. Visitors always welcome.
The Erica & District Historical Society Inc, is a non-profit community-based organisation formed in 2014. Our aim is to promote a knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the historical, cultural and environmental heritage of Erica; including, but not limited to the towns and settlements of her districts; namely Moondarra, Rawson, Parkers Corner, Coppers Creek, Jubilee, Jacobs Creek, Caringal, Gould and Tyers Junction.
New members Welcome
Set in rolling orchard countryside, Mont De Lancye was built in 1882 as the home of the Sebire family. Mont De Lancey’s many attractions include Chapel/Gardens suitable for weddings; Museum; Monty’s Tearoom & much more.
Monty’s Tearoom: 0403 415 194
Interested in research and collection of local historical photographs, recollections, etc. With new premises, aiming for increased school and community participation.
The Wonthaggi and District Historical Society had its beginning in the late 1950’s when a number of interested citizens saw the need to preserve Wonthaggi’s history. A public meeting was held and the historical society was formed. Over the ensuing years the collection of artifacts has grown, as has its collection of photographs and documents. The society has copies of most local newspapers, some dating back to 1910; audio tapes of many and varied speakers with their rich tapestry of experiences and observations.
Suburbs or towns: Wonthaggi; Dalyston; Archies Creek; Cape Paterson; Kilcunda; Glen Alvie
Profile Image: Wonthaggi Railway Station Museum, home of the Wonthaggi & District Historical Society
Formed to preserve, conserve and promote history, particularly the history of Knox and the former shires of Berwick and Ferntree Gully. The society’s MAP accredited museum and resource centre is based at Ambleside Park homestead and with the property next door set up as a resource centre is accumulating a collection of historical data, memorabilia, photographs and pioneer information relating to the area.
Open to the public 1-4 pm on Sundays or by arrangement. Local research conducted by application and fee.
Inverloch Historical Society is a meeting group of about 50 members who come together for fellowship to listen to speakers on matters historical and twice a year (May and September) visit places of historical and common interest. We conduct Historical Town Walks (Christmas) and sell 20 books on local and family history. Two bus trips per year for members.
Mount Evelyn History Group members are interested in the collection, preservation, research,writing and publication of all aspects of history relating to our town. We hold displays at local events and provide speakers and information on request. Our newsletter, Things past, is published monthly.
We hold committee meeting on the third Monday evening of each even- numbered months, in odd-numbered months we have gueat speakers on the forth Saturday afternoon. Meetings and events are held at the RSL Hall, Hardy House, 49 Birmingham Road, Mt Evelyn, unless otherwise advised. visitors are welcome at meeting and lectures.
Established in 1963, the Society holds an archive of books, photographs, newspapers and ephemera related to Dandenong. The Archive is open Wednesdays, 11 am to 2 pm, February to November inclusive. Research fees may apply, may be waived for an information exchange. Occasional displays. Publications for sale: ‘Grand old lady of Dandenong’ ($10*, coffee table book about our Town Hall); ‘Reminiscences of early Dandenong’ ($10*); A snapshot of Dandenong in 2001 (over 120 community group historys, $10*). Magazine ‘Gipps-Land Gate’, 2 editions per year subscription $15 per year incl postage & packing; *Add $5 for packing and postage. Membership: Individual $18, Family $26, Corporate $200, Sponsor $500. (Current until 30 June 2009.)
The museum is located at Factory 1 / 55 Barry Street, Bayswater. It is open for individual, group or club visits by appointment. Vehicles, memorabilia and retired ambulance personnel are also available for public and corporate events and displays.
Is a vibrant, enthusiastic group of volunteers who are dedicated to promoting, preserving and enhancing the cultural and environmental heritage of Hastings and surrounding areas of Western Port. The Society manages the Hastings Museum made up of the general Museum, Dad’s Shed, the Fishing Museum, the Pioneer’s Cottage with the surrounding cottage garden and the Remembrance Garden of Peace. The Museum displays in a place of honour the 40 pounder rifled breech loading Armstrong Gun used by the local defence force in Colonial days – the ‘Ham & Beef’ Battery. Gold coin admission to Museum – free to members. General meetings take place every two-months. Quarterly Morning Coffees and weekly “Wednesday Workers” at Museum every Wednesday morning. The Museum is open every Sunday 2-4, and Wednesdays 10-12 noon. The Museum can also be opened by prior arrangement.