Evandale is situated in the Australian state of Tasmania, on the South Esk River 20 km south of Launceston and 5 km from the main highway and Launceston Airport.
Originally established as a military post in 1811, it was known variously as Collins Hill, Patersons Plains, Gordon Plains, and Morven before the town’s name was changed to Evandale in 1836 in honour of Tasmania’s first Surveyor-General, G.W. Evans. It was declared a municipality in 1865.
Evandale is a National Trust classified Georgian village, popular with tourists because of its many Georgian buildings.
The Evandale History Society is a volunteer society with a small dedicated membership. The Society was established in 1991 with the aim of preserving the written, photographic and oral history of Evandale, and the surrounding areas of Nile, Deddington, Morven and Western Junction.
No entries were found.