Extensive photographic display, computer use, 5000 items datalogued, memorabilia display, outings, local displays.
Rosebud and District Historical Society collects the history of people and buildings in the Rosebud area.
The Society collects and preserves documents, artefacts, memorablia and photos of historical interest relating to Phillip Island and District; maintains and staffs a museum open to the public; holds monthly meetings to which visitors are welcome.
Is a vibrant, enthusiastic group of volunteers who are dedicated to promoting, preserving and enhancing the cultural and environmental heritage of Hastings and surrounding areas of Western Port. The Society manages the Hastings Museum made up of the general Museum, Dad’s Shed, the Fishing Museum, the Pioneer’s Cottage with the surrounding cottage garden and the Remembrance Garden of Peace. The Museum displays in a place of honour the 40 pounder rifled breech loading Armstrong Gun used by the local defence force in Colonial days – the ‘Ham & Beef’ Battery. Gold coin admission to Museum – free to members. General meetings take place every two-months. Quarterly Morning Coffees and weekly “Wednesday Workers” at Museum every Wednesday morning. The Museum is open every Sunday 2-4, and Wednesdays 10-12 noon. The Museum can also be opened by prior arrangement.
Rye Historical Society aims to preserve the history of the area bounded by Canterbury-Jetty Rd and Truemans Rd. The Room is open every Sunday 1pm -3 pm.
Collection of memorabilia and research documents. Folk museum with collection of old newspapers, post office and telegraph memorabilia.
The Nepean Historical Society Inc. was formed in 1965 and established its Museum in the Mechanics’ Institute, Sorrento. The building (classified by the National Trust) was built of local limestone in 1876/77. A multi-purpose Heritage Gallery, including multimedia and lecture facilities, was added in 1994.
Museum and various guided tours are available.
The Society is incorporated as a non-profit organisation and is operated entirely by volunteers, many with professional expertise. There are no paid staff. Members are encouraged to take an interest in the various activities and tasks required in an active organisation. Membership is currently around 300.
Frankston Historical Society Inc is a non profit organisation, formed in 1961. Established to preserve the history of the local area, our base is Ballam Park Homestead, Cranbourne Rd, Frankston. Open each Sunday 1-4, except the 5th Sunday when 5 in a month, or by appointment. Phone 9789 5529
Collects and preserves the heritage of the old Shire of Cranbourne, and manages the Fisherman’s Cottage Museum complex at Tooradin, on behalf of the City of Casey.
Queenscliffe Historical Museum is located in the main street in Queenscliff, open 2-4 daily. Collections include 8000 photographs, significant documents, textiles and clothing. Family history and buildings research available.
Family History Group in Narre Warren with many family history resources. The group is also interested in local history and has local records and family histories. Visitors always welcome.
“Mallow House”, built 1916, is the home of Koo Wee Rup Swamp Historical Society, incorporating a museum, etc. Collects and preserves the history of Koo Wee Rup and the Koo Wee Rup Swamp.