A site specific heritage organisation( Osborne House &grounds) dedicated to the preservation and utilisation of Osborne House as a community and arts preinet for Geelong. Specifically Osborne House and grounds, generally the city of Greater Geelong
The Bellarine Historical Society maintaining historical archives and collection. Research facilities to public. Holds seminars, historic tours, publishes a newsletter, has a collection of books, manuscripts, memorabilia, newspapers, photographs, indexes, registers, etc.
Queenscliffe Historical Museum is located in the main street in Queenscliff, open 2-4 daily. Collections include 8000 photographs, significant documents, textiles and clothing. Family history and buildings research available.
The Nepean Historical Society Inc. was formed in 1965 and established its Museum in the Mechanics’ Institute, Sorrento. The building (classified by the National Trust) was built of local limestone in 1876/77. A multi-purpose Heritage Gallery, including multimedia and lecture facilities, was added in 1994.
Museum and various guided tours are available.
The Society is incorporated as a non-profit organisation and is operated entirely by volunteers, many with professional expertise. There are no paid staff. Members are encouraged to take an interest in the various activities and tasks required in an active organisation. Membership is currently around 300.
The Little River Historical Society Inc was formed in 2003 with the objective of collecting, preserving and promoting the history and heritage of the Little River area. The Society is presently establishing a collection of historical documents and images, which will in future be available to the community for viewing and research. Regular events, displays , and open days are planned.
The Society holdings include over 3,000 photographs, cemetery, school, church and Shire of Grenville records, Grenville Standard newspapers. The Society forms the Committee of Management for the 1874 Linton Library/Mechanics Institute.
Rye Historical Society aims to preserve the history of the area bounded by Canterbury-Jetty Rd and Truemans Rd. The Room is open every Sunday 1pm -3 pm.