7 Temple St, Heyfield 3858
The European occupation of Heyfield dates from James Macfarlane’s Heyfield run of 1844. After his death it was held for a time by the Firebraces, before being purchased in 1866 by James Tyson. He referred to it as his “Cabbage Patch”. Heyfield has a strong pastoral, dairying and timber history. The collection covers Heyfield and surround districts of Seaton, Glenmaggie, Coongulla, Glenfalloch and Licola in the former shire of Maffra, and Nambrok / Denison and Wandocka, plus Cowwarr in the former shire of Rosedale.
6/55 The Esplanade Paynesville Vic 3850 82.5 km
03 5156 658203 5156 6582
Paynesville Maritime Museum (PMM) is dedicated to researching, recording and retelling the mariti...
Rob Cook, Secretary
136 Princes Way Drouin 3818 83.34 km
Public displays, school visits, annual festival display and guest speaking
Rosemary Blackley- Secretary
10 McCartin St, Leongatha Victoria, Australia 91.73 km
Formed in 1964 to collect and preserve the history of the area, the society has a large collectio...
Lyn Skillern, Secretary
10 McCartin Street Leongatha VIC 3984 Australia 91.73 km
03 5668 630403 5668 6304
0400 249 0490400 249 049
South Gippsland Historical Network
38 Main Street Bunyip, VIC 3815 94.03 km
A small group of interested persons in late 2011 decided to establish a group that would collate ...
24 Nash St, Jamieson VIC, Australia 94.51 km
The Jamieson and District Historical Society Inc. formed in 1991 have their headquarters and muse...
King Street, Korumburra 98.15 km
The society meets on the first Thursday of the month with a guest speaker. The society are usuall...
Rosemary Denis, Secretary