Mainly a pictorial and documentary collection, some artefacts (machinery, small utensils). Second site, former Court House, 621 Midland Highway, original furniture, soldiers photos, MUIOOF Certificate and honor rolls.
The Rushworth Historic Society is custodian of the Rushworth Museum, Rushworth, Whroo and district cemetery records, Chronicle Newspaper 1869 – 1977, 1987 – Waranga News
Kyneton Historical Society is a voluntary non-profit incorporated community organisation, comprising people from many fields committed to collecting, preserving, researching and sharing the wealth of material that is our herit5age, and for which we as members are custodians.
Worsley Cottage Museum, an 1894 stone cottage, is the home of the society. The collection includes domestic items and artefacts from the era, outdoor displays and a cottage garden. There is also an 1840 slab and daub pioneer hut with wooden shingle roof. Research facilities are also available.
Wedderburn is is located 225 km north west of Bendigo and within the Loddon Shire. We have over 33,000 digitised records in our database covering Wedderburn and surrounding towns within the shire. Our digital records include over 100 audio tapes of past presentations given by locals talking about their early years in the district. Selected records and documents can be copied to a USB memory stick for visitors to take away with them. Further digitizing will continue throughout 2020.
The Society operates a Museum which is open on Sundays from 2pm to 4pm, and Tuesdays 10 am to 4 pm. Collection and display of historical items of interest and documents, photos, family history.
Nagambie Historical Society was formed in 1968 for the sole purpose of ‘retaining equipment within the town as some agricultural equipment had already left the district’. The Museum site was developed in 1870 with the construction of the stables to house the Cobb & Co horses, these stables are still standing at the rear of the Old Court House building. The Court House building was formerly the Court of Petty Sessions, Shire Office and Chambers, Post Master General’s Office, and the Registry Office for births, deaths and marriages. Later additions to the site included the first electricity plant for the Nagambie township 1912, with a further extension to this building in 1932 by the SEC. During the early 1970s, the Historical Society erected a large agricultural machinery shed at the rear of the site, and this now houses the James Forbes Museum consisting of a comprehensive range of old farm machinery made at the local foundry. The Museum houses a very large display of memorabilia and research is undertaken upon request. Opening hours are:
1st Saturday 9 am – 12 noon
3rd Sunday 2 pm – 4 pm each month
every Wednesday 9 am – 12 noon. Entry is by gold coin.
The Daylesford & District Historical Society was formed in 1964 and the Museum established in 1971.
The Museum has approximately 800 square metres of interior displays and approximately 250 square metres of covered yard and houses an large collection of local memorabilia and artefacts.
The museum has extensive archival resources that are accessible by arrangement for research to researchers and genealogists.
Friends of Cornish Hill are a Landcare group. Our connection with RHSV goes back to the day when Cornish Hill Reserve was saved from sale by members of the local community who realised the value of the Reserve as being historically and environmentally significant.
The Friends have been beavering away restoring the Smiths creek corridor to bring it back to what it looked like before mining ravaged the landscape.
Image: Friends of Cornish Hill working bee in June 2018
The Woodend and District Heritage Society operates a local and family history resource centre. The collection is fully indexed and relates to the Old Shire of Newham & Woodend, Ashbourne, Hesket, early Rochford, part Macedon, part Carlsruhe.
Built in 1870, the court house in Forest St was the second court building in Woodend.
It was used for criminal cases until 1964 and for coroner’s court hearings until the 1970s. Now it’s home to the Woodend & District Heritage Society.
You can find us at Woodend’s old court house every Wednesday, from February to November (10am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-4pm).
Preserving local history about the Aboriginal Protectorate, agricultural pioneers, river crossing/irrigation history, war years, POW and internee camps, Murchison Meteorite 1969, sporting organisations history.
Maintains the oldest house in Romsey – Seymour Cottage. Museum with displays of local interest in former Court House. Collection of local history & family documents.
Trentham Historical Society works to preserve, and make available to the public, the history of the township of Trentham and the surrounding district including the settlements of Little Hampton, East Trentham, Spring Hill, Fern Hill and Tylden. The society publishes a quarterly newsletter and booklets from time to time and also holds an annual exhibition.
Situated in the Old Court House built in 1890, the Boort Museum – Historical Society specialises in family histories with many photographs, and the preservation of historical documents and artifacts.