Aims to conserve, promote and share the heritage of Lockington and district from pre-white settlement to present day.
In 1986 the new Rochester Historical & Pioneer Society was established after amalgamating with the already existing Pioneer Society. The original land and the building known as the Common School built in 1874 was gifted to the Historical Society by Mrs. Ross. The building was classified “C” by the National Trust in 1972.
Our Volunteers can assist you with research into District Families History and our Museum Complex of four buildings is open to the public Open 9 – 12 noon Wednesday & Friday Or by Appointment
Rochester Historical and Pioneer Society is also a recognised Place of Deposit for documents and photographs.
Research centre for local families, minute books for clubs and associations, local newspapers. Preservation and recovery of local history of families, communities, organizations, schoole etc. within the boundaries of the old Shire of East Loddon.
The Colbinabbin & District Historical Society are always looking to add to our historical collection, and are interested in sharing any information, photos and history we have of our town.
The Society operates a Museum which is open on Sundays from 2pm to 4pm, and Tuesdays 10 am to 4 pm. Collection and display of historical items of interest and documents, photos, family history.
Historical library, heritage cottage, farm items and research. Research Information, fundraising, and write articles for local paper.
Mainly a pictorial and documentary collection, some artefacts (machinery, small utensils). Second site, former Court House, 621 Midland Highway, original furniture, soldiers photos, MUIOOF Certificate and honor rolls.
Eaglehawk Heritage Society Inc was formed to preserve the history and heritage of the area. It provides a museum and research facilities within an historic Eaglehawk building.
The Rushworth Historic Society is custodian of the Rushworth Museum, Rushworth, Whroo and district cemetery records, Chronicle Newspaper 1869 – 1977, 1987 – Waranga News
The Cohuna and District Historical Society was formed in April 1970, our Society has grown to become a treasured resource for the local community and historians alike. All run by dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers, there are three main parts to our Society:
- Archives Centre (the brick building)
- Museum (the old Scots Church)
- Trash and Treasure (the old Scots Hall)
The Society holds a culturally and historically significant collection of books, documents, photographs, artworks, textiles and objects. Many of the photographs and documents are irreplaceable.
Nathalia and District Historical Society Inc consists of several buildings and a large collection of outdoor machinery, books, newspapers, photos, minutes books, ledgers, some school registers, and other memorabilia relevant to the history and development of Nathalia and District.
Collects and records local history of Inglewood district. Have several local history publications for sale. Research early district pioneers for a fee. Hold court re-enactments for tourists and locals by arrangement.
Preserving local history about the Aboriginal Protectorate, agricultural pioneers, river crossing/irrigation history, war years, POW and internee camps, Murchison Meteorite 1969, sporting organisations history.
Preservation of the history of Heathcote McIvor area, enabling stronger links to the past and transmitting this history to future generations.