Aims to conserve, promote and share the heritage of Lockington and district from pre-white settlement to present day.
Nagambie Historical Society was formed in 1968 for the sole purpose of ‘retaining equipment within the town as some agricultural equipment had already left the district’. The Museum site was developed in 1870 with the construction of the stables to house the Cobb & Co horses, these stables are still standing at the rear of the Old Court House building. The Court House building was formerly the Court of Petty Sessions, Shire Office and Chambers, Post Master General’s Office, and the Registry Office for births, deaths and marriages. Later additions to the site included the first electricity plant for the Nagambie township 1912, with a further extension to this building in 1932 by the SEC. During the early 1970s, the Historical Society erected a large agricultural machinery shed at the rear of the site, and this now houses the James Forbes Museum consisting of a comprehensive range of old farm machinery made at the local foundry. The Museum houses a very large display of memorabilia and research is undertaken upon request. Opening hours are:
1st Saturday 9 am – 12 noon
3rd Sunday 2 pm – 4 pm each month
every Wednesday 9 am – 12 noon. Entry is by gold coin.
Description: Collection and preservation of local history, and changing displays at the Heritage Centre.
Suburbs or towns: Numurkah; Wunghnu; Katunga; Drumanure; Dunbulbalane; Baulkamaugh; Strathmerton
Wedderburn is is located 225 km north west of Bendigo and within the Loddon Shire. We have over 33,000 digitised records in our database covering Wedderburn and surrounding towns within the shire. Our digital records include over 100 audio tapes of past presentations given by locals talking about their early years in the district. Selected records and documents can be copied to a USB memory stick for visitors to take away with them. Further digitizing will continue throughout 2020.
Museum and archives pertaining to horticulture, granite and families.
Image: Harcourt ANA Hall, built 1911, the of Harcourt Valley Heritage & Tourist Centre
We are a combined museum and history centre.
Many thousands of artefacts and records relating to the district from 1840 to present day form the collection which is housed in the former Maldon Market House. The Maldon Market House is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register. The museum has many displays that present a fascinating insight into the history and heritage of the district and the archives provide a valuable research resource.
The Katandra & Distict History Group aim to locate, catalogue, copy or acquire items of historic importance to the local area and to make them available to the community.
Buda Historic Home and Garden is of national significance. The house is an accredited museum featuring the intact furnishings, personal belongings and art collection of the talented Leviny family who resided there over two generations for almost 120 years.
Come to Buda and enjoy walking through the historic house where you will be transported to another era, in this Museums Australia accredited museum. Wander three acres of heritage garden featuring original plantings and structures, including the bird aviary, tennis pavilion and grape pergola, along with many original garden ornaments created by the Leviny family members
Preservation of our mechanical heritage& working old machineryincluding tractors and farm equipment, but not limited to.
Meetings held 2nd Monday of each month (except July, Aug and Jan.) Number of district heritage tours conducted. Involved in heritage projects such as signage, booklets and brochures.