The Rushworth Historic Society is custodian of the Rushworth Museum, Rushworth, Whroo and district cemetery records, Chronicle Newspaper 1869 – 1977, 1987 – Waranga News
The Society’s rooms are located in the Healesville Community Link (at the rear of the Memorial Hall), 110 River Street, Healesville. This is the same building as the library; please ask the library staff for directions once entering the building.
The purpose of the Healesville and District Historical Society Inc (founded in 1984) is to encourage and facilitate the study of the history of Healesville and district and to research, conserve, interpret and exhibit material which illustrates this history and to answer queries from the public relating to Healesville history. To this end the society shall acquire, research, conserve, interpret and exhibit material which illustrates this history.
*Image: Nicholson Street Healesville looking east in the late 1930s
Kilmore Historical Society’s Research Centre is located in the Kilmore Court House. The collection has an extensive biographical and photographic register of information, including resources on local schools, railways and buildings.[caption id="attachment_2494" align="alignnone" width="792"] Post Office, Courthouse and Police Barracks[/caption]
About the Society
The Whittlesea Historical Society meets on the third Sunday of each month at 2 pm (except January), visitors are most welcome to attend.We meet in the Activity Centre, Laurel St, Whittlesea.
Some of our aims include:
- Petition on behalf of local historic sites, buildings, trees, etc to Council or government,
- Undertake and promote the research of our history,
- Collect, conserve, compile and make available historic records,
- Establish and maintain a library and archives of that information,
- Disseminate knowledge of our history through lectures, publications, exhibitions, excursions and other means,
- Provide a means for people interested in the area’s history to meet, discuss and participate.
Established in the 1850s, Gulf Station was farmed for nearly 100 years by the Bell family.
Scottish settlers Agnes and William Bell were the first to lease the land where the property was established. From the 1850s to the 1950s, Gulf Station supplied produce to gold miners of the district. The National Trust acquired stewardship of the property in 1976 and restored its buildings and cottage garden.
Gulf Station hosts regular events and activities including Heritage Festivals, Talks, Workshops and Lost Tradition Days where you can see working horses, sheep being sheared, butter being made in traditional churns and wood being worked without using power tools.
The Military History Group Inc. is based in Victoria, Australia, and is an organisation dedicated to the restoration and preservation of military vehicles and their heritage.
The MHG Inc. attends various military vehicle displays throughout Victoria and NSW. Vehicles from WW2, Korea, Malaya, Borneo, Vietnam and current conflicts are represented.
Postal Address – C/o Post Office, Yarra Glen, VIC 3775
The History Group is a group formed within the Yarra Glen & District Living & Learning Centre in 2020.
It was formerly the Yarra Glen & District Historical Society Incorporated which existed independently from 1973 until 2019.
The History Group is located at the Yarra Glen & District Living & Learning Centre, 12-14 Anzac Avenue, Yarra Glen.
We meet informally at the Centre on Tuesday afternoons during school terms between 2 and 4pm. Anyone is welcome to come along on a regular or irregular basis. A $2 coin will be gratefully received for tea/coffee.
Special functions with guest speakers or mediated discussion groups will be conducted from time to time. These will be advertised in the Term Program published quarterly by the Yarra Glen & District Living & Learning Centre. Those attending these functions will be required to pay the annual membership fee of the Living & Learning Centre and a fee may also be charged for the function itself. Details will be in the Program.
The Katandra & Distict History Group aim to locate, catalogue, copy or acquire items of historic importance to the local area and to make them available to the community.
The Yarrambat Historical Society Inc was formed in 1990 with the mission “To preserve and perpetuate the history of the area and to promote and encourage social interchange between people of all ages who share and interest in our cultural heritage”
The Yarrambat Heritage Museum is by far the largest project undertaken by the Society. The Society took over the site in early 2001 and over the ensuing years has developed the site into an operational Heritage Museum. A grant from the Victorian State Government enabled the relocation of the original 1878 Primary School classroom to the site in 2002.
Research of over 1000 WWI, Boer War soldiers and Nurses of the Shire of Eltham ( & Nillumbik), Remembrance Day& Anzac Day Services . Organising landscape works & suggestions for Master Plan.
The Society operates an historic cottage erected in 1865. It holds a large collection of historic photographs, and features information on local gold mines.
Preservation of the history of Heathcote McIvor area, enabling stronger links to the past and transmitting this history to future generations.