The society collects and preserves documentary material relevant to Minyip and District such as photographs, maps, diaries, written collections, journals, minute books and documented family histories.
Large museum, history centre, memorabilia, wedding dresses, huge taxidermy collection, video presentations.
Open Times: Monday to Saturday 12 noon till 2 pm
Sunday 12 noon till 4 pm.
Warracknabeal & District Historical Society is dedicated to promoting and preserving the history of the region. They also maintain two museums and operate a second hand shop.
The two Museums are:
Wheatlands Warracknabeal Agricultural Machinery Museum – housing machinery mainly used for grain production with in Victoria’s grain belt. It is located on the Henty Highway at Warracknabeal.
Historical Centre – in the original State Bank of Victoria, housing the Banking Chamber as it was in the 1970’s when it was closed. Also domestic items from the local area, set up as a house. Also local records such as Cemetery records, and the local newspaper. Located at 81 Scott St, Warracknabeal VIC 3393
The Secondhand shop is the Wheatlands Warehouse located at 8-14 Scott St, Warracknabeal VIC 3393
The society collects and maintains the local history of the Horsham area in written, photographic and electronic form plus a small collection of historical memorabilia. Monthly meeting. Open Tuesday Wednesday 1.30 – 4.30 Family and Local History and Small Museum.
The Dimboola and District Historical Society collects, researches, preserves and records local and town history. The Society has two Museums: Courthouse Museum and Dimboola Letterpress Print Museum. The Museum, the old 1875 Courthouse, houses displays and photographs. Records include the “Dimboola Banner” newspaper, est. 1879 in bound form from 1920s and microfilm from 1880s. Dimboola Shire Minute Books, photographs, family histories, ledgers of sporting, business, agriculture, etc., parish maps. Facilities include computers, scanning, microfilm and microfiche readers, photocopying to A3 size.
Birchip Historical Museum – a museum in a former courthouse, with small farming artefacts, domestic and household utensils, sport, music and leisure items, war memorials, family research, newspaper and photo archives.
The Arapiles Historical Society (AHS) is volunteer run and community supported. Based in the town of Natimuk, AHS have three sites – the Court House, former Natimuk Garage and the former Natimuk Masonic Hall.
We record and preserve items and documents, family histories, locally made machinery.
Image: Former court house in Natimuk, now a museum in the Arapiles Historical Society precinct.
Established in 1973, we collect, preserve and share information, photos and items relevant to Charlton & the surrounding district.
Located in the former Mechanics Institute building (1882), the Charlton Golden Grains Museum showcases a diverse collection of over 3000 artefacts and photographs from Charlton’s early pioneer days through to today.
Situated in the recently renovated Old Court House, the Society aims to collect and preserve historical artefacts, documents, photos, family histories, buildings, anecdotes and all items of historical interest to the town and district as well as to give access to all interested people. The Society has a collection of around 1200-1500 photos depicting the town and district.
Suburbs or towns: Wycheproof
HAVE YOU ANY OLD PHOTOS
The Historical Society is always looking for photos of Wycheproof & District at any point in time, Local Events, Farming Practices, Sporting & Local Identities, and Railways.
The Society aims to collect, restore and maintain the memorabilia and records of the old gold mining town of Landsborough, founded in 1862 and named in honour of William Landsborough the explorer, the township still contains many reminders of its busy past. These include the 1862 lock-up, the 1901 Mounted Police stables, and a 130 year old school, all of which are cared for by the Historical Group.
Collection, Storage and recording of local history items. (Records and Equipment. We take pride in our historical homestead, the vintage machinery collection and the museum.
Nhill has an archive in the Nhill Historical Centre, with holdings which include: early settlers list; district schools information; oral history archival material; Clydesdale Breeders yearbooks, 1880-1940; hospital history and photographs; local history books and magazines; Nhill Free Press newspaper, 1882-1999; Tatiara Mail newspaper, 1880-1887; research files, scrapbooks, cemetery records; Lowan Shire Council Valuation and Rate books; Lowan Waterworks Trust books; Lowan Electricity Supply records; numerous minute books and records of business and organisations; sports – football, cricket, tennis, golf, racing, etc; Nhill A & P Society; service clubs; Scouts; Lodges; Nhill Brass Band.
The object of our Society is to foster historical interest and knowledge, particularly but not exclusively of the Nullawil District, and to compile and record Nullawil’s history. Also to restore and display machinery and photos of the area, and to keep records of schools and townships in the area.