Founded in 1971
We aim to collect, research, promote and publish the history of the people, places, events and developments of particularly Lilydale, Coldstream, Chirnside Park, Montrose, Seville, Silvan, Yering, Gruyere, and Killara with a special focus on the life and family Dame Nellie Melba.
Image: Old Lilydale Court House, now home to Lilydale & District Historical Society
The Friends of Cheltenham and Regional Cemeteries Inc. was formed on 9 May 2007 after the amalgamation of the Brighton General Cemetery Trust with the Cheltenham and Regional Cemeteries Trust.
On 1 March 2010, the Cheltenham and Regional Cemeteries Trust was absorbed by Necropolis Springvale to form the Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
We are a not-for-profit community group comprising a team of dedicated volunteers who have a passion for the Cheltenham cemeteries.
The Friends of Cheltenham and Regional Cemeteries Inc. is an incorporated association affiliated with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria Inc., the South Eastern Historical Association Inc. and the Bayside Historical Network.
Beaumaris Modern is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to celebrate, educate and promote public awareness of the importance of preserving the mid-century architecture of Beaumaris.
The Ringwood Historical Society exists to collect, research and disseminate information relating to the history of Ringwood and its environs. Monthly meetings with speakers, local books, photographic displays.
The Association was formed in 1986.
Our objectives are:
- To promote and foster goodwill among Cornish people and people in Victoria
- To stimulate interest in the History, Family History, Antiquities, Traditions and Social Conditions of Cornwall
- To aid approved Cultural Movements in and associated with Cornwall
- To endeavour to arrange contact between relatives and friends of Cornish people both in Victoria and Cornwall and with other Cornish Associations.
- To further awareness in the Victorian community of the importance of the Cornish emigration in the development of Australia.
- To assist and to encourage in conjunction with State Organizations, Local Government and the National Trust, the restoration and maintenance of buildings/areas of importance to the Cornish Heritage in Australia.
- To be a non-political, non-sectarian, cultural organization.
Rye Historical Society aims to preserve the history of the area bounded by Canterbury-Jetty Rd and Truemans Rd. The Room is open every Sunday 1pm -3 pm.
The Harry Hawker Society’s primary purpose is to promote and maintain knowledge, of the work, exploits and life of Harry George hawker MBE AFC. by exbititions, displays, publications and memorials to Harry hawker, his associates, his partners abd friends that gave him encouragement, pushed him to his great achievements and supported his developments in aviation.
History Monash Inc is the former Oakleigh & District Historical Society Inc., established in 1961. Our volunteers are dedicated to studying, collecting, preserving, exhibiting and publishing local history within the City of Monash, especially of Oakleigh and surrounding districts.
The Society’s rooms are located in the Healesville Community Link (at the rear of the Memorial Hall), 110 River Street, Healesville. This is the same building as the library; please ask the library staff for directions once entering the building.
The purpose of the Healesville and District Historical Society Inc (founded in 1984) is to encourage and facilitate the study of the history of Healesville and district and to research, conserve, interpret and exhibit material which illustrates this history and to answer queries from the public relating to Healesville history. To this end the society shall acquire, research, conserve, interpret and exhibit material which illustrates this history.
*Image: Nicholson Street Healesville looking east in the late 1930s