Collection of memorabilia and research documents. Folk museum with collection of old newspapers, post office and telegraph memorabilia.
Our mission is to collect, document, research, preserve and make available to the wider community for their enjoyment and education items that show the development of Dandenong and District from early settlement to present day.
The Chelsea Historical Society Court House Museum is the corner stone of continued research, collection, preservation and dissemination of the history of the former City of Chelsea and adjoining districts. It is an enjoyable Museum for the local community and visitors with particular emphasis on the pictorial history of the area through varied displays.
Extensive photographic display, computer use, 5000 items datalogued, memorabilia display, outings, local displays.
Formed to preserve, conserve and promote history, particularly the history of Knox and the former shires of Berwick and Ferntree Gully. The society’s MAP accredited museum and resource centre is based at Ambleside Park homestead and with the property next door set up as a resource centre is accumulating a collection of historical data, memorabilia, photographs and pioneer information relating to the area.
Open to the public 1-4 pm on Sundays or by arrangement. Local research conducted by application and fee.
Interested in research and collection of local historical photographs, recollections, etc. With new premises, aiming for increased school and community participation.
Set in rolling orchard countryside, Mont De Lancye was built in 1882 as the home of the Sebire family. Mont De Lancey’s many attractions include Chapel/Gardens suitable for weddings; Museum; Monty’s Tearoom & much more.
Monty’s Tearoom: 0403 415 194
A small group of residents committed to researching the history of Dingley Village. Aims to collect documents, photographs etc. We have currently received funding to amploy an author to write the history of Dingley.
Rosebud and District Historical Society collects the history of people and buildings in the Rosebud area.
The museum is located at Factory 1 / 55 Barry Street, Bayswater. It is open for individual, group or club visits by appointment. Vehicles, memorabilia and retired ambulance personnel are also available for public and corporate events and displays.
The European occupation of Heyfield dates from James Macfarlane’s Heyfield run of 1844. After his death it was held for a time by the Firebraces, before being purchased in 1866 by James Tyson. He referred to it as his “Cabbage Patch”. Heyfield has a strong pastoral, dairying and timber history. The collection covers Heyfield and surround districts of Seaton, Glenmaggie, Coongulla, Glenfalloch and Licola in the former shire of Maffra, and Nambrok / Denison and Wandocka, plus Cowwarr in the former shire of Rosedale.
Mount Evelyn History Group members are interested in the collection, preservation, research,writing and publication of all aspects of history relating to our town. We hold displays at local events and provide speakers and information on request. Our newsletter, Things past, is published monthly.
We hold committee meeting on the third Monday evening of each even- numbered months, in odd-numbered months we have gueat speakers on the forth Saturday afternoon. Meetings and events are held at the RSL Hall, Hardy House, 49 Birmingham Road, Mt Evelyn, unless otherwise advised. visitors are welcome at meeting and lectures.
Open Tues & Fri 10am – 3pm
Postal Address – PO Box 6007 Wantirna Mall VIC 3152
Founded in 1996 as the Victorian Jazz Archive (VJA), the Australian Jazz Museum (AJM) came about from the strongly voiced desire to preserve Australia’s jazz heritage, and for it to be readily accessible to musicians, collectors, donors and others throughout Australia.
In 2003 VJA was accredited as a Museum by Museums Australia (Victoria). In 2014 the VJA changed its name to Australian Jazz Museum – to reflect the Museum’s Australia-wide mission, collection and membership.
We’re a local history organisation, willing to answer any questions or comments related to Mentone, Parkdale, or Mordialloc’s local history. We work in the Old Mentone Bakery (now Laura and Charles Ferguson Historical Museum) and have interesting exhibitions, as well as interesting volunteers, waiting for you to come visit!
Established to produce a book re 30 years of Festivals hold regular meetings, we house a Display at Shop 2, The Terrace, Mooroolbark.
Founded in 1971
We aim to collect, research, promote and publish the history of the people, places, events and developments of particularly Lilydale, Coldstream, Chirnside Park, Montrose, Seville, Silvan, Yering, Gruyere, and Killara with a special focus on the life and family Dame Nellie Melba.
Image: Old Lilydale Court House, now home to Lilydale & District Historical Society