Formed in 1909, we are the centre of Victoria’s history movement, with over 1,000 individual members, and we are also the peak body for over 300 local history societies.
Who can become a member?
Membership of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria is open to all. Anyone with an interest in history including libraries, schools, universities, corporations and local municipalities is welcome to join.
Members of the RHSV enjoy:
- Free use of the Society’s comprehensive Library and valuable collections – rare books, manuscripts, maps, photographs, newspapers, directories, indexes, registers and other items.
- Advice with personal research from our Library and research staff.
- One year’s subscription to History News.
- One year’s subscription to the Victorian Historical Journal.
- Free admission to monthly talks of historical interest.
- Free admission to RHSV exhibitions.
- Substantial discount to RHSV events such as conferences and workshops.
- Substantial discount on excursions to places of historical interest with well informed guides.
- Professional links with over 300 historical and specialist societies in Victoria.
The RHSV is kept alive by its membership and volunteers
Aside from the amazing benefits that you will receive from being a member of the RHSV, your membership helps to support the Royal Historical Society of Victoria’s mission to promote the Victorian experience of Australian History.
The RHSV offers a range of great value membership options.
Individual Member – $70
Household – $80
Student (full time) – $40
Corporate Member – $200
Associate Member – $50*
Member Society – $70
Library/School – $80
Library/School (Journal only) – $55
*Associate Members are financial members of a society affiliated with the RHSV.
Sign Up for RHSV Membership Online
Download the 2018 Annual Membership Form