Jennifer O’Donnell is a retired senior English teacher with a passion for history. A biographer of historic houses, Jenny’s work is based on her concern that historic houses are preserved, and that their full story is revealed.
Coragulac was established by William Robertson, one of the earliest European settlers to buy land in the Colac district. William was a largely absentee landowner until 1865, and in about 1870, he divided his vast estate among his four sons, three of whom proceeded to build their own mansions. George Pringle Robertson inherited Coragulac estate, and built Coragulac House on it to plans by architects Davidson and Henderson. It became one of the district’s stately homes, together with the house his brothers built at Corangamoorah or The Hill, Cororooke and Glen Alvie.