First published 1965. Hardback with dust jacket.
The J. G. Kenny Memorial History with a forward by John McDonald, Premier of VIctoria 1950 – 1952
“Murchison is the oldest settlement in the Lower Goulburn Valley and its history, as related in this book, is as varied as any one might hope to find in a VIctorian country town. Its beginnings as an Aboriginal Protectorate are described here; there are detailed accounts of the river steamers that plied the Goulburn in the 1870s and 1880s and of the development of the irrigation scheme which is the source of the Western Goulburn Valley’s life today. There is also a description of the P.O.W. and internee camps that existed in the Murchison district during WWII, a subject hitherto touched upon only briefly by historians.”
(From the flyleaf)