- To encourage the study of Australian and especially Victorian history by establishing a public museum, art gallery, library and archives.
- To promote the preservation, proper organisation and publication of authentic historical records.
- To acquire and preserve for the use of the Society and the public, objects and materials that illuminate the history of Victoria.
- To undertake historical research into people, sites, buildings, event or issues and to participate in activities aimed at promoting, commemorating and/or, where relevant, preserving and conserving them.
- To promote the dissemination of information by lectures, seminars, workshops, excursions of historic and geographic interest, and exhibitions.
- To encourage the establishment of societies with aims consistent with these purposes, to support their activities and to promote a network of regional associations to link them to each other and to the Society.
- To publish relevant newsletters, journals and other material.
Phone: 03 9326 9288 | The RHSV acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government through Arts Victoria.