Formed in 1909, we are the centre of Victoria’s history movement, with nearly 1,000 individuals and 350 local historical societies as members. We are the peak body for those local historical societies and heritage groups.
Who can become a member?
Membership of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria is open to all. Anyone with an interest in history including libraries, schools, universities, corporations and local municipalities is welcome to join.
Members of the RHSV enjoy:
- Free use of the Society’s comprehensive Library and valuable collections – rare books, manuscripts, maps, photographs, newspapers, directories, indexes, registers and other items.
- Advice with personal research from our Library and research staff.
- One year’s subscription to History News.
- One year’s subscription to the Victorian Historical Journal.
- Substantially discounted admission to monthly talks of historical interest.
- Free admission to RHSV exhibitions.
- Substantial discount to RHSV events such as conferences and workshops.
- Substantial discount on excursions to places of historical interest with well informed guides.
- Professional links with 350+ historical and specialist societies in Victoria.
The RHSV is kept alive by its membership and volunteers
Aside from the amazing benefits that you will receive from being a member of the RHSV, your membership helps to support the Royal Historical Society of Victoria’s mission to promote the Victorian experience of Australian History.
Yes, I want to become an RHSV member