The Royal Historical Society of Victoria (RHSV) in association with Insurance Advisernet Australia Pty Ltd (IA) has arranged access for RHSV affiliate society members to obtain various insurance coverages for those societies.
Only RHSV members can join the Group Insurance Scheme. To learn more about membership click here.
2022 – 2023 Insurance
The 2022 – 2023 scheme will begin on 1 April 2022. In early December 2021 we sent the questionnaire to all existing scheme members and others on our database – the responses to these questionnaires ascertained the premiums.
If you would like to be included or get a quote to join the scheme for the 2022-2023 period please contact Emily Maiolo on 03 9326 9288 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the insurance companies have seen all the responses to the questionnaire, (which can be filled out here) they calculate our premiums for 2022-2023. The RHSV then sends invoices to all those societies taking part in the Group Insurance Scheme and to those societies who, at this stage, merely, want a quote. This is planned to take place in early March for payment by 1 April 2022.
All policy documents for Insurance 2022-2023 are linked below;
The Combined Policy Document outlines what is covered/excluded in Public Liability, Association Liability, and Voluntary Workers Cover, and claim procedures for if you need to make a claim. Please note that if you would like to make a claim, first contact either RHSV or Leigh Moulden.
You can find the specific insurance types on the below pages;
- Voluntary Workers Coverage Summary pg 8-20
- Public Liability Coverage Summary pg 21 – 30
- Association Liability Coverage Summary pg 21-30
- Claims and Reporting Procedures pg 44-45
Our insurance ‘year’ runs from 4pm 1 April to 4pm of the following 1 April.
There are 4 different categories of insurance offered:
- Public Liability Public liability this year has absorbed property owners’ liability which in past years was a separate policy. Certificates of Currency will be issued once the premium is paid.
- Association Liability .Provides protection to the association against legal liability which it may incur through the conduct of its activities or the provision of services.
- Voluntary Workers Insurance provides capital and weekly benefits for voluntary workers (and members) injured whilst engaged in voluntary work on behalf of the insured, including commuting to and from as defined in the policy wording. (Similar to Workcover)
- Assets insurance is the only variable premium as this premium is based on the value and location of the assets you wish to insure.
If a society wishes to join the group insurance scheme the first step is to complete this questionnaire
Based on this questionnaire the RHSV will issue an invoice/quote for the premiums for the requested insurances.
To find out the details of Insurance offered by the RHSV please read:
Please note: it is stressed again that the actual policy terms and conditions will always prevail over this general advice.
If you have any questions regarding payments please contact our Admin Officer via email email@example.com or phone: 03 9326 9288.
If you have any questions regarding the policies or claims please contact our agent, Mr Leigh Moulden