The RHSV is a private membership-based organisation. Our members have generously supported our work for well over 110 years ensuring we have the most significant collection of Victorian history outside the Government bodies. We do not receive government funding.
If you wish to use the RHSV Collection, RHSV members receive the first hour of research free-of-charge. Non-members receive the first 30 minutes of research free-of-charge. Following your initial contact, and assuming we have material that is pertinent to your research project, you can opt to do your own research at the RHSV (most people do this) or you can engage a researcher to work for you. The initial research we do is really scoping the collection to see what material we have that can be of use to your project so you can judge whether it is worthwhile to take the research further. We do not engage in paid research unless approved by you, the client – you are not going to receive an unexpected invoice!
- Intial research in response to a query: First 60 minutes of research is free for members. First 30 minutes of research is free for non-members. (membership rates can be seen here)
- Visit and use the collection: free for members; non-members $20 per day [please contact us to make an appointment]
- All extended research: $65 per hour
- Image Charges: minimum $30 per low res image reproduction. There are discounts for members.
- There are also charges for scanning and photocopying.
Fill out the form below to submit your enquiry.