The National Trust of Australia (Victoria), in consultation with the RHSV, has prepared an Heritage Advocacy kit to guide people through the process of applying for classification of a building or site and lodging objections in the event that it is threatened.
The Heritage Advocacy Toolkit consists of five separate guides. These include:
1. Nominating a place or object for inclusion in the Victorian Heritage Register
2. Objecting to an application for a permit to change a place or object included in the Victorian Heritage Register
3. Objecting to an Application for a Planning Permit for properties covered by a Heritage Overlay
4. Appealing a Permit Decision at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
5. Heritage Overlays and Planning Scheme Amendments
You can get your copy of the advocacy guides through the National Trust of Australia (VIC) website.
Image courtesy of National Trust of Australia (VIC).
Require Heritage Advocacy Support?
The RHSV Heritage Committee may be able to assist.