Royal Historical Society of Victoria Inc Terms and Conditions of Sale
Royal Historical Society of Victoria (ABN 36 520 675 471) (“RHSV”) sells and distributes tickets to its own events through its website and
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket from RHSV, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions relate both to the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (“you”).
Variation to Terms and Conditions
RHSV may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
- RHSV will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. RHSV does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), RHSV will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
- RHSV will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. RHSV may not replace tickets where seating is unallocated (general admission tickets).
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance at an event. You may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to cover for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation.
Variations to performances or events
- The RHSV reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute speakers / artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
Admission to an event is subject to the following terms.
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where the RHSV has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
- You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones).
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
Authenticity and validity of tickets
- Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from RHSV or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of RHSV, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder of the ticket may be refused admission. RHSV will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Collection and delivery of tickets
- You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. In the interests of minimising ticket scalping, RHSV may change your delivery method to “venue collect” at its discretion.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event.
Limitations on number of tickets purchased
- When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by RHSV at its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets, and as a measure to minimise ticket scalping.
- While RHSV takes all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. RHSV may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error RHSV will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.
- If an error on your behalf results in RHSV reprocessing the ticket transaction at your request, RHSV may charge to you the actual costs incurred in reprocessing the ticket transaction, including any chargeback or postage fees charged to RHSV by a third party.
The term “including” when used in these Terms and Conditions is not a term of limitation.