Organisations affiliated with the RHSV
The Regional Network
The RHSV is at the centre of a network of regional historical societies. It is a major and continuing function of the Society, through the History Victoria Support Group, to assist the management of member societies by offering them a range of support services, such as advice on establishment, incorporation, insurance and collection management. Through the work of the regional associations, it encourages societies to share their expertise and cooperate with each other and the RHSV in joint activities.
More than 280 organisations with similar aims and interests are affiliated with the RHSV. The Societies Affiliated with the RHSV Database provides a list of societies by name and locality covered. Societies are welcome to join by using the Member Society Registration Form (PDF, 24K).
Links To Related Websites
The RHSV is represented on a number of government bodies and statutory authorities including the History Council of Victoria, the City of Melbourne Heritage Advisory Committee, Heritage Victoria Collections Advisory Committee, the Public Records Advisory Council, the Regional and Specialist Museums Advisory Committee, and the State Library Development Committee. In addition, our President and other members who are notable historians, actively comment on heritage issues through the daily media and industry journals.
The Society also cooperates with Information Victoria in the Victorian Community and Local History Awards, by providing the judging panel. The Society’s library is the repository for all the submissions received for this award.
Victorian Government Organisations
- Victorian Government History website
- Documenting a Democracy
- State Library of Victoria
- Public Record Office Victoria
- University of Melbourne Archives
- Melbourne Museum
- National Trust (Victorian Division)
National and Interstate Libraries and Archives
- National Library of Australia
- National Archives of Australia
- State Library of NSW
- State Library of Tasmania (LINC)
National and Interstate Historical Societies
- Federation of Australian Historical Societies
- Royal Australian Historical Society
- Royal Western Australian Historical Society
- Royal Historical Society of Queensland
- Historical Society of the Northern Territory
- Historical Society of South Australia
- Tasmanian Historical Research Association
- Canberra and District Historical Society
- Australian Library and Information Association
- Australian Society of Archivists
- History Teachers Association of Victoria