The present brick building was erected in 1866, replacing an earlier timber construction, and used as Council Chambers, Town Hall and Library/Reading Rooms. When the Library was relocated in 1970 many old books remained in the present building forming an interesting collection of Goldfields reading matter in the original setting. About this time the Chiltern Athenaeum Museum was formed by enthusiastic members of the public who operate the museum on a volunteer basis.
21 High Street, Yackandandah Victoria 3749, Australia 27.34 km
The Collection held by the Yackandandah and District Historical Society is a large and comprehens...
29 Elgin Street, Myrtleford, Vic. 3737 46.96 km
Collection of locally significant artefacts & records, publication of community recollections...
John Taylor, President
31 Bogong High Plains Road, Mount Beauty 82.36 km
The Kiewa Valley Historical Society began in 1965 when a group of like-minded people from all ove...