The European occupation of Heyfield dates from James Macfarlane’s Heyfield run of 1844. After his death it was held for a time by the Firebraces, before being purchased in 1866 by James Tyson. He referred to it as his “Cabbage Patch”. Heyfield has a strong pastoral, dairying and timber history. The collection covers Heyfield and surround districts of Seaton, Glenmaggie, Coongulla, Glenfalloch and Licola in the former shire of Maffra, and Nambrok / Denison and Wandocka, plus Cowwarr in the former shire of Rosedale.
7 Temple St, Heyfield 3858
McMahon Drive Maffra 3860 16.55 km
Themes in the Maffra Sugar Beet Museum include the rise and fall of the sugar beet industry in Ma...
Carol Kitchenn - President
12 Hazelwood Road Morwell 3840 44.54 km
Local history society dedicated to preserving and promoting interest in the history of Morwell an...
Bruce McMaster - president
9 LITTLETON AVE YINNAR VIC 3869 Australia 55.4 km
PO Box 1 Mirboo North VIC 3871 72.22 km
To preserve local history information for future generations.
Secretary: Geraldine Bollard