- This event has passed.
Wodonga Family History Society: Life on the Lake
August 17 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for “Life on the Lake”
An inside look at what life was like around Lake Moodemere, Rutherglen and the Carlyle Cemetery
WHEN: Wednesday 17th August 2022
WHERE: Meet at Pfeiffer’s Wines: 167 Distillery Road, Wahgunyah Vic 3687
TIME: 9.30 am
- Using own transportation; follow the guides for a view of Lake Moodemere and the old Lake Moodemere school site.
- After viewing the lake return to Pfeiffer’s Winery for Morning Tea
- Guest Speaker: Nyree Wiggins – Historian and Genealogist “Early life on and around Lake Moodemere” – The people and places past.
- Lunch – Pfeiffer’s Winery – History of Pfeiffer’s
- Tour of the Carlyle Cemetery: guided by Nyree Wiggins
- Rutherglen Historical Society – Common School Museum
Optional – Afternoon Tea – Caffeine n Machine Rutherglen
COST: $45 per head
BOOKINGS: Essential and paid by 10th August 2022
To Book Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 60563220 0447035725
Please bring warm clothing and substantial footwear – Carlyle Cemetery is fairly flat but has rough patches.