Ferries of Melbourne: Past, Present, Future – Good, Better, Best?
June 23 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Ferries of Melbourne:
Past, Present, Future – Good, Better, Best?
Explore the heritage and the potential of Melbourne’s ferries with Melbourne Maritime Heritage Network.
Melbourne’s ferries have delivered significant social and economic benefit to our community in the past. Today ferries remain a woefully under-developed transport and tourism option. The opportunity to expand ferry services around this state and in this city is great. This potential needs to be unlocked – by government (local and state), by responsible authorities and by relevant private sector and non-profit stakeholders.
Our Speaker on Maritime Heritage:
- Bruce M. Gooley, researcher, writer and lively presenter
Our Expert Panel looking to the Future:
- Matt McDonald, CEO, Port Phillip Ferries
- Murray Rance, CEO. Port Phillip Ferries (Little Group)
- Brad Roberts, Liaison Officer – Vessels Operations Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA)
- Gareth Johnson, Acting Director Maritime Safety, Transport Safety Victoria
- Jamie Gillingham Senior Manager, Development Victoria
Library at the Dock is located at 107 Victoria Harbour Promenade, Docklands, easily accessible via Tram routes 11, 35, 48, 70 and 75. The theatrette is located on the 1st. Floor
Due to COVID-19, numbers are limited. RSVP essential by
19 June: firstname.lastname@example.org