The RHSV is looking to appoint a new book-keeper as soon as possible. We’d like the new book-keeper to start by Monday 9th May 2022.
We are seeking a motivated, experienced, part-time book-keeper to work in a small team. Life is never dull or repetitive at the RHSV and this position would suit someone who has worked in small business.
Although we are small, the RHSV is a complex organisation in terms of the range of activities in which we are involved. However, the volume of transactions is not high. We are a tier-two organisation and, as a charity, we report to the ACNC. We are an incorporated association and, as well as being a charity we have DGR status. Our financial year is the calendar year.
We use cloud-based AccountRight software. Our website is a POS for our bookshop, new and renewing members and event ticket sales. The website feeds automatically through Stripe to AccountRight.
The Book-keeper is responsible for the following main areas:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Reconciliations of our 5 bank accounts, credit card, petty cash, POS credit card payments and Stripe. Enabling monthly financial reports to be prepared for Council.
- Processing payroll and keeping detailed employee records. We have a small permanent staff of 2 FT and 3 PT staff and occasionally employ project staff.
- Prepare & compile quarterly & monthly BAS and Superannuation reporting and payments
- Prepare & compile Workcover reporting and payments.
- Bring books up to Trial Balance
- Preparing for audit and working with the auditor at the end of the financial year
- Data entry for the above work into AccountRight
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to personnel, financial and organizational matters