NOTICE OF RHSV AGM
On Tuesday 18th May at 5pm the RHSV will hold its 111th AGM for the financial year ending 31st of December 2020 at 239 A’Beckett Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
1 Attendance and apologies
2 To confirm the minutes of the 110th Annual General Meeting.
3 To confirm the minutes of the RHSV Reconvened Annual General Meeting.
4 To receive the Annual Report for the year ended 31 December 2020.
5 To receive and consider the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2020.
6 To appoint the Auditor for 2021.
7 To elect Office-Holders (President and Secretary) and Members of Council.
8 To receive expressions of interest for History Victoria Support Group.
9. To announce the recipient of the John Adams Prize
10 To elect any member or members who have been nominated for election as Fellows.
11 To announce recipients of Distinguished Service Award, Awards of Merit and the Barbara Nixon Volunteer Award.
12 To transact any business of which notice has been given in accordance with the rules of the Society.
After the AGM there will be a short break for refreshments before we reconvene for the 2021 Weston Bate Oration to be delivered by Jim Davidson (see below), 6:30pm until 7:30pm.
Notice to members
- Four ordinary positions on Council will be open for re-election/election, 2 as the two-year terms have been completed (Dr Rosalie Triolo and Dr Robert Barnes) and 2 owing to vacancies.
- Two office-holder positions will be open for election as the two-year terms have been completed. President (currently Emeritus Professor Richard Broome AM) and Secretary (currently Carole Woods OAM).
The full RHSV Annual Report will be available for download from our website one week before the AGM.
A Nomination Form can be downloaded here if you would like to nominate for a position on the RHSV Council. Please note that nomination forms should be returned by Tuesday 11th May to the RHSV EO, Rosemary Cameron firstname.lastname@example.org | 239 A’Beckett St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Every year we also call for members who may be interested in serving on the History Victoria Support Group. The HVSG was started many years ago by Weston Bate to ensure that the 350 or so historical societies across Victoria have a voice at the RHSV so we can best serve their needs. We are not looking for any specific skills here but we’d like geographic spread. We also want a mix of urban, suburban, regional and rural historical societies. These days meetings are a hybrid of Zoom and face-to-face so it doesn’t matter how remote you are, if you have an internet connection you can join this committee. If you have any queries please contact the Convenor, Pauline Hitchins. Or simply send your completed nomination form, to arrive by the AGM, to the RHSV EO, Rosemary Cameron email@example.com | 239 A’Beckett St, Melbourne VIC 3000. An HVSG Nomination form can be downloaded here.
Please find linked to this post
4. An expression of interest form if you’d like to join the History Victoria Support Group
5. A nomination form if you’d like to be put up for election to the RHSV Council
6. A proxy form if you’d like someone else to vote on your behalf at the AGM.
For information about Jim Davidson’s Weston Bate Oration and to RSVP for the AGM or the Oration or to record you apologies please click here.